Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to All!

Learn and Turn Improves Eating Skills

>> Thursday, May 09, 2013

My 22 month old had been an independent eater using both hands, yet one thing she still really needed to work out with is on how to handle utensils properly. I know she was still too young, but I'm too eager for her to know on how to handle a spoon and fork effectively at early age. I always love to show her how, but she would get upset by showing disapproval. She doesn't want to be taught so I thought maybe someday, she will be able to learn how to use utensils by herself, someday. Yet, it's been almost a year now since she had been learning and yet still can't get it right. Every time she uses a spoon, she always ends up turning the spoon upside down. It was upsetting for me because all I wanted for her is to eat the food and not wasting it.

Therefore, I always make myself to feed her. Yet, it's always been a battle since she wants to grabbed the spoon away from me. Although, I'm proud of her eagerness to learn, I'm still worried that she's not eating enough. Therefore, when I found Learn 'n' Turn I was so excited to give it a try. There's nothing wrong with trying new stuff as long as it provides something good for my children.

The Learn and Turn utensil is adjustable, interchangeable utensils which for me is indeed very unique. The first time she held the spoon on her hands, she seemed so excited.  After a few try outs, she finally figured it out and that's where I took a snap shots of her while eating her snack. The idea of making her to use the spoon and fork really makes me so eager to give her more food to try out.

When my daughter used a spoon, she usually try to hold the utensil on either both hands, trying to find where it would work effectively. I'm thinking she might still in search of her ability to use it on either on her left or right hand.  And with the training utensil's it's easier for her to make it right due to its attachments that rotates in various direction. I love the unique grips on fork as well which easier to pick up food especially on pasta noodles.I'm so glad she like the spoon and the fork, that she always seemed to like using it every time she needed it.

The Training utensils is BPA and lead free as well which safe for children to use. It's dishwasher safe (top rack only) which makes it easier to wash and to re-use. It's made from F.D.A approved plastic and designed here in USA. Therefore, I truly recommend this product to those mothers who seek an answer of how to teach kids to eat by oneself.

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12 comments:

Jade Samson - Diva Fabulosa May 10, 2013 at 12:11 AM

Your daughter is a cutie!! I am sure she must be enjoying her she would master. using the utensil pretty soon

Imriz Tomacruz May 10, 2013 at 11:20 AM

cool items for the little girl. i'm sure in no time, she'll know how to properly handle her utensils.

Chubskulit Rose May 10, 2013 at 3:24 PM

That's very innovative. My kids never had one of those but I guess that's very useful for tots.

tess May 10, 2013 at 5:52 PM

Good for her to learn how to feed herself, my 4 year old until now is depending on me. He can eat alone but will not finish the food, so I will end up feeding him.

April M. May 10, 2013 at 7:21 PM

that looks fun. it'll make eating time interesting.

working mama May 10, 2013 at 9:02 PM

this is truly a big help for babies... happy mother's day sis in advance.. you have such a pretty princess

wifetoalineman02 May 10, 2013 at 9:53 PM

awww your daughter is a cutie Mommy Joy :-) with practice am sure she will know how to use the utensils properly :-) I miss those age :-)

Jerla Oh lalala May 10, 2013 at 10:26 PM

this is really neat and super innovative. I wish i knew this when my baby is still little. This is really convenient for our little one. Your princess is definitely enjoying her food now with her cute little spoon/fork

Mharms May 11, 2013 at 1:30 AM

That's really neat. I like that it can move side to side.

Bless May 11, 2013 at 3:15 PM

That is one cool training spoon and fork. The adjustable nature of it makes it easy for the baby to use.

Sunshinelene May 11, 2013 at 11:27 PM

this is a cutie baby stuff. your girl is enjoying her moment. :)

Peachy Adarne May 12, 2013 at 8:21 AM

I didn't know there's a product like this. I'll keep this in mind next time I have a baby.